Here’s a link to our YouTube video of the recipe: https://youtu.be/8fYYC5TgdOs
JoJo’s Spinach Strawberry Salad with Pickled Red Onions & Balsamic Vinaigrette
– spinach (can also use arugula or spring mix)
– 1/4 red onion or shallot, thinly sliced
– 1-3 strawberries, thinly sliced (can replace or mix with blueberries, blackberries, nectarines, or peaches)
– chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
– balsamic vinegar
– salt & pepper
– red chili flakes
– olive oil, drizzled
– cutting board
– sharp kitchen knife
– small bowl for dressing & pickling onions
– bowl or plastic food storage
Thinly slice the red onion and place in a small bowl. Pour balsamic vinegar until onions are mostly covered. Add salt, pepper, and red chili flakes; stir to combine. Set aside or store in the refrigerator up to a day ahead for maximum pickle-age!
Thoroughly wash strawberries. Chop off the green tops & thinly slice.
Place spinach in the bowl or plastic food storage container. Add the strawberries.
Use a fork to add the pickled red onions to the salad, then drizzle most or all of the remaining vinaigrette. Finish salad with a drizzle of olive oil and chopped walnuts or pecans, if desired.
(Cover Photo Credit: Selena Mercado )